Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Curry leaves Coriander leaves Bajji


This was an on-the-fly preparation. Lately I seem to be doing a lot of on-the-fly spontaneous cooking. Really should cut down on the fried stuff. Both myself and hubby dear are showing all the symptoms of a laterally expanding waist line.
I started doing this when little Ani was asleep. He woke up in the middle in a bad mood. If you are wondering why I am writing about that here, its because I am trying to make an excuse for some of the bajjis being over-fried and some getting stuck together. But, the taste came out very good.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups Gram Flour (Besan)
  • 11/2 tsp Chilly Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
  • Salt
  • Water
  • Curry Leaves
  • Coriander Leaves
  • Oil for frying

Directions
  • Add water to the besan to form a thick batter. Add chilly powder, cumin powder and salt
  • Chop the curry leaves and coriander leaves
  • Add them to the batter
  • Heat oil in a kadhai. When hot, drop the batter into the oil in the form of small strings. I stuffed the batter into a ziploc bag and cut the end to squeeze out the batter in thin strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment